Flat cabbage is a clean variety of the essential vegetable that is enclosed tightly on itself forming a well-protected flat oval head of the green leaves loved by many foodies all across the world of cooking, and it is distinct for its flat more extensive leaves & more tender texture.
The flat cabbage leaves remain very clean and safe to eat on the interior as they are tightly packed, and they cook very quickly depending on the size of the pieces you cut them into.
Flat cabbage leaves can be cooked or added raw to all types of recipes & dishes such as salads, soups, stews, they can be pickled, boiled, fried or steamed, to release their fresh flavor and healthy nutrients into your recipes.
Flat cabbage is a good source of healthy compounds like carotenoids, ferulic acid, folic acid, vitamin C & K, fiber among other nutrients.
|Amount per 100g|
|% Daily Value|
|Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
|Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
Tips for preparing & eating cabbage:
- Remove the thick outer leaves of the cabbage before cutting
- Cut the cabbage in half & plunge in vinegar to keep the nutrients in
- Use only stainless steel knife to cut through the cabbage leaves
- Cabbage’s bitter taste is a sign that it is more healthy & naturally grown
- The white stem at the core of the cabbage is safely edible