Cauliflower is savored by many foodies whether they are vegetarians or meat-eaters, for its chewy fiber and natural pleasant taste.
But it is not all about the pleasant taste, actually, cauliflower is considered a super-food for its high concentration of beneficial nutrients, of medium-hard fibers, vitamin A & C, great antioxidant compounds like carotenoids & glucosinolates.
Cooked with other vegetables in stews, fried, boiled, sauteed, cauliflower is always going to taste good, keep its nutritional value, and add its distinct fresh flavor to all home-cook recipes.
|Amount per 100g|
|% Daily Value|
|Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
|Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
How to clean cauliflower?
- Add 2 tablespoons of salt to a big bowl of warm water
- Soak the cauliflower head first in water for 5-10 mins
- Keep it from floating with additional weight on top
- Remove the cauliflower & get rid of the salted water
- Repeat 2 or 3 times if needed until the water color does not change
- Then place the cauliflower under a colder water stream
Start cutting and prepare your recipe!