Increasing in popularity among picky eaters & vegetarians, a close cousin of cauliflower and a member of the cabbage family, yes we are talking about broccoli.
Broccoli is a very special cruciferous vegetable with a large flowering dark green head, with its distinct sprout like small leaves emanating from its tree-like structure, all coming out of a light green edible stalk. You can eat broccoli either raw or cooked, whether you prefer frying, steaming, boiling, or grilling it, you still can enjoy the tenderness of its vitamins-rich fibers, accompanied by a slew of minerals which gives broccoli its place in the super-foods family, with its healthy dose of antioxidants & health-friendly nutrients.
Add broccoli to enhance your salads, enrich your stews, add its favorable natural bitterness to your bowl light meals, and it will never disappoint.
|Amount per 100g|
|% Daily Value|
|Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
|Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
How to clean broccoli?
- Cut your broccoli head into smaller sized crowns
- Keep each crown not separated from the stem for better handling
- Soak the broccoli crowns upside down in cold water for 10 minutes
- Add some vinegar or salt to the cold water for better cleansing
- Wash the broccoli crowns with running water from both directions
- Shake the broccoli crowns to spray out excess entrapped water droplets
- Wrap kitchen tissue around broccoli crowns to absorb moisture
- Use immediately or refrigerate wrapped in tissue in the bottom shelf
Your broccoli is ready, enjoy your cooking!