Black grape is most famous for its dark velvety color and its extra sweet flavor; moreover, black grapes are loaded with beneficial nutrients such as phytonutrients especially the omnipotent health-friendly resveratrol, plus a high dose of antioxidants & polyphenols.
Besides being eaten fresh, as a part of mixed fruit salad or juiced, black grapes are a clear favorite in making traditional jams, sauces, deserts & more.
How to make black grape jam?
- Wash 1 kg of seedless black grape
- Boil in a large cooking pot with 1/4 cup of water
- Keep cooking till the grapes become soft & mushy
- Pressure the black grapes with a masher for a softer texture
- Add 1 cup of sugar & 2 tbsp of lemon juice to the mix
- Stir & cook on low flames till the mixture thickens
- Turn off the heat when the mixture is still a little moist
- Let it rest for a while to cool & harden
- Store in airtight jars and refrigerate
Enjoy a natural home-made snack with your favorite toast or sandwich.